This Oven Baked Mahi Mahi is a delicious and easy way to add healthy fish to any diet. Loaded with omega 3s, mahi-mahi has a mild flavor and, after cooking, breaks into large and moist flaky pieces of meat.
The marinade for this easy mahi-mahi recipe uses a few simple ingredients and is cooked in the oven for just a few minutes.
Oven Baked Mahi Mahi
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your MAIN DISH board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Easy Mahi Mahi Recipe
- Fish is the best! Not only does it taste great, it cooks quicly. Recipes like this, with quick prep and fast cook time, are perfect for busy nights.
- Fish is very healthy. Mahi-mahi is loaded with proteins, vitamins, and minerals, and is especially high in Omega 3s.
- The marinade in this recipe uses a small number of simple ingredients that are easily found at the grocery store.
- Mahi Mahi can be used for an easy fish taco or fish cakes. Try adding it to lettuce wraps or serve it over a bed of sautéed greens with a side of roasted cauliflower.
Ingredients and Variations
THE MARINADE: This is a simple marinade made with some soy sauce, oil, lime juice, garlic, sesame oil, and ginger. It’s so easy and full of delicious flavor and taste.
THE FISH: If fresh mahi-mahi is difficult to find, look in the freezer section for frozen fillets. And purchase fish that has already been filleted because this will make prep and cooking easier.
VARIATIONS: You can replace the lime juice with lemon juice for delicious results!
How To Bake Mahi Mahi
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Add fish to the marinade. Refrigerate.
- Place fillets in a baking dish and discard marinade.
- Bake. (As per recipe below)
How Long To Bake Mahi Mahi
It is important to make sure that the temperature is correct, and to cook mahi mahi for the exact time indicated (as per recipe below). Use a meat thermometer for a precise temperature reading to ensure moist and flaky fish.
Perfect Mahi Mahi
If using frozen mahi-mahi, make sure that it is completely thawed before cooking. If fish is still a bit frozen, the edges could dry out before the center is cooked through.
Always marinate any seafood in the refrigerator and not on the counter.
Other Delicious Entrees To Try!
- Butterflied Chicken – best way to cook a whole chicken!
- Best Oven Baked Ribs – so tender and perfect.
- Turkey Breast Cutlets with Dijon Sauce – delicious alternative to chicken.
- Melt In Your Mouth Chicken Recipe – the most simple recipe!
Oven Baked Mahi Mahi
- 4 mahi mahi filets 6 oz each about 1" thick
- sesame seeds and green onions for garnish
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- salt to taste
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Add fish and toss to coat. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Place filets in a small baking dish. Pour marinade over top.
- Bake 12-16 minutes or until the fish reaches 140°F. Do not overcook.
- Serve garnished with sesame and green onions if desired.