Everyone loves an easy, one-dish, low carb recipe like this delicious Low Carb Broccoli Casserole!
This may be the best broccoli casserole ever! Not only is it healthy, but the flavored cream cheese makes it even easier to make, cutting out the extra seasoning steps. Broccoli has never tasted so good!
Low Carb Broccoli Casserole
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your CASSEROLES Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Best Broccoli Casserole
Broccoli is one of the easiest vegetables to work with! Loaded with fiber, vitamins, and minerals, broccoli is definitely a superfood! And if you’re following a keto or low carb diet, this recipe works as an entrée or a side dish, making it good to have on a menu rotation all year-round. It’s good for vegetarian diets, too! Nothing goes better with broccoli than cheese, and this recipe has three different kinds of cheesy goodness.
Ingredients and Variations
BROCCOLI Fresh broccoli is available year-round, but frozen broccoli will work as long as it’s thawed and drained.
CHEESE Blend the cheeses au gratin style with heavy cream and top with bread crumbs before baking.
EGG as a binder builds out this savory casserole, and add extra protein and flavor!
MEAT Don’t be afraid to add leftover turkey, chicken, or ham for a full protein entrée. Why not make it with bacon bits sprinkled on the top?
OTHER VEGGIES Add cauliflower for another easy, low carb option for the broccoli, or mix them both together with some diced red bell peppers for another colorful take!
OTHER TASTY ADDITIONS Try adding wild rice, green peas, artichoke hearts, or even different kinds of cheese like Gouda or Havarti.
How To Make Broccoli and Cheese Casserole
For a new twist on broccoli casserole, this recipe doesn’t disappoint!
- Poach broccoli in salted water per recipe below. Drain.
- Combine cream cheese, heavy cream, egg, a third of the shredded cheddar, and 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese.
- Place the broccoli in the prepared casserole dish and stir in the cheese mixture.
- Cover with remaining cheese and bake until the top is golden brown and bubbly.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Make your own herbed cream cheese by combining room temperature cream cheese with a savory blend of dried garlic, parsley, and onions. Or experiment with dried rosemary, basil, even a pre-made dressing blend like low carb ranch or keto taco seasoning!
- Make this casserole ahead and keep it covered in the refrigerator when it’s ready to be reheated under the broiler for about 5 minutes.
- Freeze broccoli casserole by preparing it in an aluminum foil lined casserole dish. Overlap the dish with 6 inches of aluminum foil on both horizontal sides. When the dish has been cooked and cooled, cover and freeze. Once frozen, carefully lift the casserole out of the dish and double wrap with the date labeled on the outside.
- Leftovers can easily be kept covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat under the broiler or in the microwave.
Other Easy Recipes To Try!
- Low Carb Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole – so easy to make!
- Cordon Bleu Casserole – delicious dinner.
- Loaded Cauliflower Casserole – low carb special!
- Low Carb Enchilada Casserole – zesty.
- Easy Low Carb Cabbage Rolls – a classic made low carb!
Low Carb Broccoli Casserole
- 6 cups broccoli
- 3 oz herb and garlic spreadable cream cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream or milk
- ⅔ cup cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add broccoli. Cook 3-4 minutes or just until tender crisp.
- Meanwhile combine cream cheese, cream, egg, ⅓ cup of cheddar cheese and 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese.
- Toss cheese with broccoli and place in a 1½ qt casserole dish.
- Top with remaining cheese and bake 23-25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is browned and bubbly.