Fresh, fun, nutritious Yum Yum bowls are so easy to make!
Saute tender chicken in a bold soy garlic sauce, then top it over cauliflower rice with fresh veggies and Yum Yum sauce.
This tasty dish provides all the takeout without going out–and without the carbs!
What is a Yum Yum Bowl?
- A Yum Yum bowl uses flavorful yum yum sauce.
- To make, just marinate chicken in a tangy garlic soy sauce. Then serve with fresh veggies and cauliflower rice drizzled with a ketchup mayo ‘Yum Yum’ sauce.
- This recipe is keto-friendly by switching out the rice for cauliflower rice while keeping all the rich and robust umami flavors!
- Yum Yum bowls are a full meal deal and are easy to meal-prep up to 5 days in advance. Use it for hot or cold dinners or lunches!
- Like egg roll in a bowl, and Asian noodle soup, Yum Yum bowls are nutritious, delicious, and super easy to make!
Ingredients and Variations
Chicken – Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are quick and easy to prepare, but this is also a good opportunity to use leftover beef, pork or even shrimp, or even tofu or seitan.
Vegetables – Use any variety of mixed veggies like cucumbers, bell peppers, avocado, carrots, or diced red onions. Try switching out zucchini noodles in place of the cauliflower rice.
Toppings – Chopped peanuts, sliced green onions, chopped cilantro, and black sesame seeds give Yum Yum bowls their signature look!
How to Make Yum Yum Bowls
- Marinate chicken breast pieces (as per recipe below).
- Whisk Yum Yum sauce ingredients together.
- Remove chicken from the marinade, then saute in a skillet until cooked through.
- Divide cauliflower rice between two bowls and top with chicken and desired toppings.
- Drizzle with Yum Yum sauce and garnish with peanuts and cilantro, if desired.
Yum Yum bowls will keep up to 5 days in a covered container in the refrigerator. This makes them perfect for dinner and lunch meal prep! Of course, freezing fresh vegetables doesn’t work because the ingredients won’t stay as crunchy and firm. But with so few ingredients to make, it’s easy to start fresh!
Make Yum Yum sauce and refrigerate so it is ready to drizzle on almost anything! Or mix it into a Brussels sprouts slaw for a refreshing side salad!
Delish Asian Inspired Dishes
Yum Yum Bowl
- 1 pound chicken breast 1" cubes
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Yum Yum Sauce
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 cups cauliflower rice prepared ahead or prepackaged
- toppings as desired *see notes such as julienned carrots or peppers, diced cucumber, avocado
- 2 tablespoons peanuts roughly chopped, optional
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves optional, for garnish
- Combine the soy sauce, garlic, and rice vinegar. Add diced chicken to a medium bowl and toss it to thoroughly coat. Set aside to marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- While the chicken marinates, add all Yum Yum Sauce ingredients into a small mixing bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Heat olive oil in a pan on medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade and add to the pan. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until cooked through.
- Place ¾ cup of prepared cauliflower rice in each bowl. Divide the chicken over the bowls. Add toppings as desired. Drizzle yum yum sauce over the bowls. Garnish with cilantro and peanuts.
- Steamed veggies like broccoli, snap peas, edamame, or peppers.
- Fresh veggies like diced cucumbers, green onions, julienned bell peppers or carrots.
- Chopped peanuts, cilantro, or avocado slices.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Recipe inspired by Life with Ayla Rianne