Full of rich and savory flavor, this Low Carb Asian Noodle Soup is inspired by the beautiful bowls of pho served at our local Vietnamese restaurant.
As much as we love the real deal, the rice noodles aren’t low carb so we’ve swapped them out for zucchini noodles in this recipe! Plus, we love one-pot recipes with very little clean-up!
Low Carb Asian Noodle Soup
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your SOUPS Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Low Carb Asian Noodle Soup Recipes
- Zucchini noodle soup is quick and easy to make with store-bought pho broth and as many or as few fresh garnishes as you like!
- Zucchini noodles are gluten-free and packed with fiber and vitamins and work perfectly in this soup recipe!
- It’s so easy, you’ll make this healthy Asian beef noodle soup recipe again and again!
Ingredients and Variations
BROTH – A great zucchini noodle bowl recipe starts with a great broth! Find pre-made pho broth at your local market.
VEGETABLES – Bean sprouts give the soup crunch and green onions provide color but feel free to add bok choy, mushrooms, or snow peas.
MEAT – Thin slices of beef, or shredded chicken, and even cubes of tofu can be used! If using thinly sliced chicken, it will need to simmer along with the zoodles to ensure it’s cooked through.
GARNISHES – This is the fun part! Whole basil leaves, mint leaves, slices of jalapeno, cilantro, and lime wedges give this low carb Asian beef noodle soup its signature look.
How To Make Low Carb Asian Noodle Soup
- Slice steak and make zucchini noodles.
- Bring pho broth to a boil and add zucchini noodles.
- Divide zucchini noodles and steak between 2 bowls and pour broth over. Add toppings and garnish with a slice of lime before serving.
Other Easy Soup Recipes To Try!
- Low Carb Cauliflower Soup – easy 30 minute recipe.
- Beef Soup with Radishes – deliciously different!
- Chicken Zucchini Soup (Zoodle) – a classic soup made low carb.
- Low Carb Hamburger Soup – a hearty and filling soup.
Low Carb Asian Noodle Soup
- 8 oz sirloin steak or ribeye
- 2 small zucchini or 1 large, or 1 package shriatki noodles
- 1 box Simply Asia Pho Broth about 4 cups, see note
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 green onions sliced
- 2 Tablespoons basil leaves chopped
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro leaves chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh mint leaves chopped
- 1 lime
- Thinly slice the steak into ¼" slices.
- If using zucchini, wash and spiralize using a medium noodle blade.
- Bring the pho broth to a boil on the stove. Add zucchini and simmer 2 minutes.
- Place the beef in bowls and pour the pho broth over the beef. Divide the zucchini over the two bowls.
- Top with green onions, bean sprouts and fresh herbs. Serve with lime wedges.
- 6 cups beef broth
- 3 slices ginger
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick