This Pizza Bowl Recipe is just as good as it sounds—it’s pizza in a bowl!
Make these super healthy keto pizza bowls in less time than it takes to get a regular pizza delivered! Get the same pizza supreme meats, veggies, sauce, and cheese with this crustless pizza bowl recipe. Skip the carbs while enjoying pizza again.
Pizza Bowl Recipe
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your MAIN COURSE Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Cauliflower Pizza Bowl
- Simple preparation and few minutes in the oven means cauliflower pizza bowls are ready just in time, plus they have that authentic pizzeria flavor!
- Easy, economical, and a real crowd-pleaser, pizza bowls are also a great way to use up leftover meat and veggies (no one has to know)!
- Pizza bowls are not only low-carb and keto, but everyone can build their own bowl and add their own toppers!
- A perfect party buffet recipe! Add low-carb pizza bowls to a buffet table along with Zucchini Pasta Salad and Cucumber Feta Salad.
- For a really fun presentation, place pizza bowl mixture in edible bowls made from bell peppers before baking in the oven. Cut the tops off bell peppers, steam the “bowls” for 2 minutes in the microwave, and make the rest of the recipe as directed.
What’s In a Pizza Bowl?
VEGETABLES: Cauliflower is a popular superfood and easily replaces carb-heavy ingredients like beans and grains when it’s riced. Peppers, mushrooms, and olives are standard pizza toppers, but as long as it’s low-carb, it can be added to a pizza bowl. Why not add some other veggies like chopped spinach, sliced brussels sprouts, diced zucchini, or some jalapenos?
MEATS Precooked sausage is a real time-saver for pizza bowls and makes them filling and hearty. Pepperoni can be added in whole slices or cut in half.
SAUCE Check labels and use a low carb, low sugar pizza sauce, and add Italian seasoning or fresh herbs like basil and oregano for added flavor.
CHEESE Cheese is a low-carb lover’s favorite food! It’s so versatile, full of healthy fats, and tastes delicious in anything! Mozzarella and parmesan are the traditional pizza cheeses, but experiment with whatever cheese is on hand. Bleu cheese and feta? Why not?
How To Make A Pizza Bowl
Pizza bowls come together in just 3 simple steps:
- Cook garlic, green pepper, and mushrooms. Add cauliflower rice and seasonings.
- Divide the mixture into oven-safe bowls and layer sauce, meats, olives, and cheeses.
- Bake until cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Pizza bowl parties are made easy by prepping everything in advance! Cook the sausage, slice the pepperoni, and dice the veggies, then place everything in separate containers so everyone can create their own supreme pizza! Even cauliflower rice can be cooked from frozen.
- Before baking, place filled bowls on a baking sheet instead of taking each bowl in and out separately from the oven. It saves energy and may prevent getting a burn!
Keep leftovers in covered containers in the freezer for up to 1 month. Thaw and reheat on the stovetop.
Other Low Carb Recipes To Try!
- Portobello Mushroom Pizza Recipe – another pizza inspired recipe!
- Bacon Cauliflower Mac and Cheese – low carb pasta.
- Italian Sausage Soup – simple lunch or dinner.
- Zucchini Pizza Bites – tasty low carb pizza morsels.
Pizza Bowl Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup green bell pepper diced
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 3 cups cauliflower rice
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon basil
- 1 cup low carb pizza sauce
- ½ pound Italian sausage cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup pepperoni slices
- 1 Tablespoon black olives optional
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat. Add garlic, green pepper, and mushrooms. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cauliflower rice, oregano and basil. Cook until cauliflower is cooked through.
- Divide the mixture over 4 oven-safe bowls. Top with pizza sauce, cooked sausage, pepperoni, olives and cheeses.
- Bake 15 minutes or until cheese is browned and bubbly.
- Top with fresh herbs if desired.