Rich and creamy, cauliflower leek soup is a low-carb, one-pot wonder!
Leek soup has a mild onion flavor and when cauliflower is added, it becomes an elegant soup with a delicate flavor and a velvety texture.
It’s easy to make and it tastes great on a chilly day!
Low-Carb Leek Soup!
- A few ingredients are all it takes to make this cozy, comfortable soup! Saute, simmer, and blend!
- Serve as a starter, a main dish with a side salad, or enjoy it as a warm bowl of healthy keto goodness for a workday lunch!
- Mix and match add-ins and seasonings to create a new recipe every time!
Ingredients And Variations
Vegetables – Cauliflower and leeks are uber-healthy, flavorful veggies that pair perfectly together in this decadent soup! It’s also an excellent recipe for tossing in leftover veggies, too!
Broth – For an extra depth of flavor roast the garlic before adding it in Step 1. If desired, make a thinner soup using half-and-half instead of heavy whipping cream. Choose low-sodium chicken broth or use a vegetable broth for a vegan version and omit the butter.
Variations – Add mushrooms, zucchini, onions, or broccoli in Step 1.
How to Make Cauliflower Leek Soup
- Heat oil, butter, and garlic in a large pot.
- Add vegetables and saute (per recipe below).
- Pour in broth, boil, and then simmer until the veggies are soft.
- Puree the soup and mix in the cream—season with salt and pepper before serving.
How to Prep Veggies for Soup
Cauliflower – Chop florets into small pieces so they cook and puree faster. Rinse florets thoroughly in a colander to remove any dirt or debris.
Leeks – Leeks have densely packed layers that can hide dirt and sand, so they need to be cut and rinsed properly. Here’s how:
- Trim away the root and cut off the darker part of the top.
- Slice the white and light green portion of the stalk into thin rounds.
- Clean the cut leeks by washing and soaking them in a bowl of cold, clean water, letting the grit fall to the bottom of the bowl.
Soup Making Success!
- Since cauliflower leek soup is ready in under an hour, why not make extra portions and freeze for future meals.
- Thicken the finished soup by allowing it to simmer, uncovered, or add psyllium husk fiber a little at a time.
- Thin out a too-thick soup by whisking in more chicken broth.
Serving and Storing Leek Soup
Keep cauliflower leek soup in the refrigerator for up to four days, and in the freezer for several months. Defrost in the refrigerator and reheat on the stovetop.
Did you try this Cauliflower Leek Soup Recipe? Be sure to leave a rating and comment below!
Cauliflower Leek Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 leeks cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 head cauliflower 4-5 cups
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot heat olive oil, butter, and garlic over medium heat. Add leeks and cauliflower and saute for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and bring the mixture to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Blend the soup with an immersion blender or hand mixer. Mix in the heavy cream and continue to blend until the soup is smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To thicken soup, reduce it down on the stovetop with the lid off and stir regularly. Or use psyllium husk flour mixed with a bit of water, slowly a little at a time, stirring constantly.
- Refrigerate soup for about 4 days in an airtight container.
- Freeze in a zippered freezer bag for 2-3 months.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.