Low carb Cauliflower Leek Soup is a creamy & rich soup that is chock full of healthy vegetables.
With 8 simple ingredients, it’s so easy to make this cozy and warm dish. Cream of leek soup tastes good on a chilly day, especially with some cheese on top. Cook it on the stovetop or in the slow cooker and enjoy it with a salad or some low carb bread for dipping. Leek potato soup tastes the best when it’s made with cauliflower instead of spuds!
Cauliflower Leek Soup
PIN IT to your SOUPS board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Low Carb Leek “Potato” Soup
- The flavor of this soup is rich & creamy, but low carb! Enjoy it as a starter or have it for lunches alongside some Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps. Or serve it simply with some Chaffles for dipping!
- Cauliflower leek soup can be made on the stovetop and be ready in under an hour. Or go for a Crockpot method and cook it low and slow for excellent flavor.
- Customize to taste preferences. It’s a forgiving recipe so mix in some extras or add toppings like cheese, sour cream, bacon, or green onions.
Easy Low Carb Ingredients
VEGETABLES – Leeks and cauliflower are both extremely healthy vegetables, and they taste great together. Mash and add lots of garlic for an even more savory flavor!
DAIRY – Cream & butter add a rich and creamy texture to the broth. Don’t worry about the calories, with a keto diet cream is not off-limits!
BROTH – Use homemade chicken broth or store-bought, just make sure the ingredients are low carb. Bouillion can also be used.
Since this is a pureed soup, the vegetables can be roughly chopped. But be sure to wash all vegetables thoroughly.
How To Prepare Leeks For Soup
Leeks can have a lot of sand in the inner layers. Slice the root end off and discard. Then slice the leeks into 1-inch rings, and transfer them to a bowl of water. Let the leeks soak for 5 minutes, then rinse thoroughly in a colander.
How To Prepare Cauliflower
Cauliflower can also have sand and dirt trapped inside. Remove the outer leaves, and cut around the core to remove. Chop cauliflower roughly into florets. Soak pieces in a bowl of water, then rinse in a colander. The white stems should be used as well.
Let’s Make It!
Once vegetables are chopped and washed, the rest is so easy. Peel and mince the garlic. Get all the ingredients ready. Then simply saute, simmer, and blend!
Quick Stovetop Method
- Saute garlic, leeks and cauliflower.
- Add chicken broth and simmer (as per the recipe below).
- Blend using an immersion blender. Add cream and season to taste.
- Saute garlic, leeks and cauliflower (as per the recipe below)
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Transfer mixture to preheated Crockpot and continue cooking on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
- Once vegetables are cooked and soft, puree
- Add cream, season and cook for ½ hour longer.
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- Add more or less garlic to soup, according to taste preferences.
- Other low-carb vegetables can be incorporated if desired.
- For a vegan version, use vegetable broth in place of chicken, and skip the butter.
How To Make Soup Thicker
For a thicker soup, try reducing it down on the stovetop with the lid off. Be sure to stir regularly, and don’t bring to a boil if the cream has been added. For a quicker method, use psyllium husk flour, which is keto-friendly and works well as a thickener. Add a little at a time, stirring constantly.
How To Store
Cauliflower leek soup will last in the refrigerator for four days, and in the freezer for several months. Store in freezer bags with all the air pressed out, or in air-tight containers.
Other Delicious Creamy Soups To Try!
- Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe – ready in 25 minutes!
- Homemade Broccoli Cheddar Soup – cheesy and delicious.
- Low Carb Cauliflower Soup – easy 10 minute prep!
- Curried Cauliflower Soup – delicious.
Cauliflower Leek Soup
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 leeks cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 head cauliflower 4-5 cups
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot heat olive oil, butter, and garlic over medium heat. Add leeks and cauliflower and saute for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and bring the mixture to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Blend the soup with an immersion blender or hand mixer. Mix in the heavy cream and continue to blend until the soup is smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.