Nothing says comfort food like a hearty serving of roasted chicken and vegetables.
A lightly seasoned whole chicken is baked with tender carrots, celery, onions, and cauliflower. Make this easy one pan dinner into a flavorful main dish that the whole family will love! It’s simple, healthy, and ready to eat in no time. Leftovers can be used to make lunches all week long!
Easy One Pan Meal!
- This is such an easy meal to put together, everything cooks in one pot or sheet pan and you can add more or fewer veggies depending on what you have or how many servings you’ll need.
- One pan roasted chicken and vegetables makes the perfect Sunday dinner, especially if you want leftovers to enjoy the rest of the week.
- Since this meal has all the protein and vegetables in the pan, all that is needed to make is some easy cloud bread and a cherry tomato salad to go along with it.
Low Carb Ingredients
CHICKEN: Chicken is the low-carb lovers’ go-to! If roasting a whole chicken is too much, then use chicken breasts or thighs, simply adjust cook time in the oven.
VEGETABLES: Cauliflower replaces carb-heavy root vegetables like potatoes, celery, and onions, and a carrot provides color, flavor, and texture. Other low-carb veggies to add are mushrooms, zucchini, broccoli, and fennel.
SEASONINGS: You’ll love the way the seasonings infuse the chicken and vegetables with a light, fresh, herbal flavor. Tuck in a few fresh sprigs of rosemary and slices of lemon for an extra fragrant dish.
How to Make Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
- Mix the seasoning blend and rub the chicken with oil and half the seasonings.
- Place chicken in a baking dish, breast side up.
- Toss carrot, celery, and onion with olive oil and the remaining seasoning mix. Arrange around the chicken and roast (as per the recipe below).
- Arrange seasoned cauliflower around the chicken and continue baking.
- Let the chicken rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Take the chicken out of the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature up for about 30 minutes before seasoning.
- Make ahead by prepping and roasting veggies in advance on a sheet pan and simply adding them to the cauliflower in Step 8.
- If there are a lot of drippings in the pan, remove chicken and vegetables and use them to make homemade keto gravy.
Keep leftover roasted chicken and vegetables in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat portions in the microwave or on the stovetop (add a little broth, if necessary). Create a new recipe by using leftovers in a whole new recipe! For best results, freeze the chicken separately from the vegetables in zippered bags.
Leftover Chicken Recipes
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Casserole – comfort food supreme!
- Buffalo Chicken Salad Recipe– tasty in lettuce wraps
- Low Carb Chicken Soup With Lemon – kick a cold to the curb!
- Chicken Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole – a healthy hot dinner
Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Chicken & Vegetables
- 3-4 pounds whole chicken
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 carrot chopped
- 2 ribs celery chopped
- 1 small onion cut into wedges
- 2 cups cauliflower florets fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Combine the seasoning mix ingredients in a small bowl.*
- Rub outside of chicken with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with half of the seasoning mix. Place in a 9x13 inch baking dish, breast side up.
- Toss the carrot, celery and onion with 1 tablespoon of oil and ½ the remaining seasoning mix. Arrange around the chicken.
- Place the dish in the oven and roast for 15 minutes at 450°F.
- While the chicken is roasting toss the cauliflower with remaining tablespoon of oil and seasoning mix.
- After 15 minutes, turn the oven down to 350°F and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Arrange the cauliflower around the chicken and bake 30-40 minutes more or until the chicken reaches 165°F in the thickest part of the thigh.
- Remove from oven and place the chicken on a plate to rest 15 minutes.**
4 lb. chicken will need 15 minutes at 450°F plus an additional 75-80 minutes at 350°F. *Take the chicken out of the refrigerator and let it warm up for about 30 minutes before seasoning it. **The vegetables can be returned to the oven to soften them if necessary.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Recipe adapted from Spend With Pennies Roast Chicken and Vegetables.