Nothing like a good ol' juicy burger!
These delicious Italian Stuffed Burgers are filled with a cheesy prosciutto filling! Topped with a juicy grilled tomato and fresh basil, these are sure to become a family favorite!
If you are not familiar with prosciutto, it is an Italian dry-cured ham usually found in the deli at your supermarket! It's delicious in this recipe adding a little bit of salt and extra moisture.
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey breast (or extra lean ground beef)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 onion
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 oz prosciutto, finely diced
- 3.5 oz mozzarella cheese
- 1 oz fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tomatoes, sliced into thick slices
- fresh basil leaves
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- In a small bowl, combine red pepper, mozzarella, red pepper, prosciutto. Measure out 12 tablespoons of this mixture and set aside.
- Combine the leftover red pepper mixture with ground turkey, garlic, onion, parsley, Italian seasoning, salt & pepper. Divide meat into 8 equal pieces.
- Flatten one of the pieces of meat into a pattie Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of the reserved red pepper mixture. Wrap the sides of the pattie around the cheese mixture until it is completely sealed. Re-shape if required.
- Grill about 4-5 minutes on each side or just until cooked through (do not overcook). (Meat should reach 165 degrees).
- Grill tomatoes for about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve burgers with grilled tomato slices and fresh basil.