This Easy Curry Tuna Salad recipe will turn that simple can of tuna into a restaurant-quality lunch dish.
A classic tuna fish salad recipe made with mayo, celery, and onions has been deliciously up-leveled with the addition of curry powder, cilantro, and a spot of tangy lemon juice. Simple ingredients make it so delicious, that it’ll be your new favorite way to create a salad with tuna!
Is Tuna Salad Healthy?
- One of the most affordable, accessible, and healthiest proteins, tuna is a staple for those following a low-carb lifestyle. Use it in all kinds of hot or cold recipes.
- This tuna fish recipe upgrade is not only quick and simple to make excites your taste buds every time! Serve it extra cold so the celery and onions get super crunchy!
- Make curry tuna ahead of time and have it ready for lunches all week, or bring it along to a picnic or potluck and enjoy your low-carb meal!
Curry Tuna Salad Ingredients
TUNA: Tuna is packed in cans or pouches. Buy it with or without added seasonings. Be sure to choose flaked over chunk tuna. Make sure that it’s packed in water and not oil. Choose wild caught tuna or canned light tuna for the lowest mercury content.
SEASONED MAYO: Mayonnaise can be replaced all or in part with Greek yogurt for a lighter, tangier dish. Feel free to experiment with the curry and cilantro amounts, too. Choose what works for your palate.
ADD-INS: Celery and onion provide crunch and color, but any low-carb veggies work in curry tuna salad! Pickles, cucumbers, avocados, and even chopped hard-boiled eggs add extra flavor and nutrition!
How to Make Curry Tuna Salad
This recipe is an easy fix for lunch!
- Put drained tuna in a bowl and add the remaining ingredients.
- Mix well and chill before serving.
Curry tuna salad tastes excellent served cold! Add it to a bed of mixed greens or scooped onto some homemade keto crackers, for a low-carb snack. Make a hearty tuna fish sandwich with lots of lettuce and extra onions on this easy cloud bread or use a low-carb wrap. It’s also great served as an appetizer in a hollowed-out zucchini or cucumber with a drizzle of creamy vinaigrette over the top!
How Long Does Tuna Salad Last?
Curry tuna salad will keep in the refrigerator for about 3 days. And be careful not to leave it out on the counter for too long because it contains mayonnaise and fish.
- Squeeze out the water from a can of tuna by opening the can but leave the lid on and press down over the sink.
- Gently remove the tuna fish with a fork and fluff it before mixing it with the other ingredients.
PRO TIP: Place cans of tuna along with the other ingredients in the refrigerator overnight, ready to serve the next day.
Low Carb Salads With Protein
- Tuna Egg Salad – hearty and filling.
- Buffalo Chicken Salad Recipe– so delicious!
- Curried Egg Salad – egg salad with a twist.
- BLT Chicken Salad – a real treat for lunch or dinner.
Easy Curry Tuna Salad
- 5-6 ounces white flaked tuna in water drained
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 stalk celery finely diced
- 2 tablespoons red onion finely diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro or parsley
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Drain tuna.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Easy Curry Tuna Salad recipe