Sautéed Kale With Garlic and Lemon is still a darling in the kitchen because it’s nutritious and affordable!
Easy to cook with, sautéed kale has a mild flavor and a bit of a crunch that makes it a home cook’s dream to use year-round. It’s low carb, keto, and low in calories, too! Plus, when it comes to nutrition, kale is at the top of the food chain!
Sautéed Kale With Garlic and Lemon
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your SIDES Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Best Sautéed Kale
Garlic butter sautéed kale is the delicious side dish that either stands alone or goes with everything! One of the newly anointed superfoods, kale is packed with vitamins and minerals.
Our simple recipe is sautéeed fresh kale in oil, butter, and garlic until it is just barely tender. But kale can be a vegetarian entrée in itself when it’s sautéed with onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, potatoes, canned white beans, and even apples for just a bit of sweetness. It can also be added to soups, casseroles, and omelets. So many options!
Ingredients and Variations
KALE Fresh or frozen kale can be used in this recipe and it will come out firm, crispy, and flavorful every time. If kale is not available, use the next best variety of super greens like spinach, swiss chard, or collard greens!
SEASONINGS Olive oil, garlic, butter, lemon juice, and a little bit of salt are used to season the kale to perfection! A splash of balsamic vinegar will accent the garlic and butter.
How To Prepare Kale
- Remove the kale leaves from the fibrous stem and rinse away any dirt or debris under running water.
- Dry the kale by placing it in a salad spinner or wrap paper towels around it and press the water out.
- Cut or tear leaves into bite-sized pieces.
How To Sauté Kale
This may be one of the easiest side dishes to make, and it’s ready in 3 simple steps!
- Cook kale in oil until it’s tender, then sauté the garlic in butter in the same pan.
- Stir the garlic and kale together, garnish and season according to recipe.
- Continue cooking briefly to blend the flavors before serving.
PRO TIP: Bacon bits are a perfect garnish for garlic butter sautéed kale!
What To Serve Sautéed Kale With
- Kale will keep beautifully in the refrigerator for about 3 days in a covered container. Reheat it by popping it in the microwave and squeezing a little lemon juice and salt on it before serving.
- Easy to freeze, place chilled kale in a zippered bag labeled with the date on it and freeze for up to a month. Thaw it in the refrigerator, reheat, and season.
Other Easy Vegetable Sides
- Air Fryer Squash – so easy!
- Best Roasted Cauliflower – 30 minute side.
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts – cooked to perfection.
- Zucchini Fries – a side or appetizer.
- Roasted Green Beans Recipe – everyone’s favorite.
Sauteed Kale With Garlic and Lemon
- 1 bunch kale washed and dried
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice optional
- ¼ teaspoon salt or to taste
- Preheat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add kale and chicken broth. Cook 7-8 minutes or until tender.
- Push kale to the side of the pan and add butter and garlic. Cook until fragrant.
- Stir garlic and kale together, drizzle with lemon juice and salt. Cook 1-2 minutes to blend flavors.
- Serve warm.