Make this super easy Keto Thousand Island Dressing and use it for dipping, dressing, and sauce.
Why buy store-made when homemade is easier, faster, and keto? This multi-purpose low-carb Thousand Island Dressing is just as creamy and delicious as any store-bought brand. Control the ingredients; control the taste, the calories and sugar content. Simple as that.
Keto Thousand Island Dressing
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your DIPS and DRESSINGS board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Low Carb Thousand Island Dressing
- This 1000 Island Dressing Recipe has all the bright, tangy flavors of the original, and it’s sugar-free and made in only one bowl.
- Here’s the easiest recipe for how to make the ultimate DIY recipe for low-carb lovers. Try it on a Cheeseburger Salad, Keto Deviled Eggs, or as a dip for Buffalo Cauliflower and some Roasted Green Beans.
- Definitely make an extra batch or two to use for sandwiches, wraps, and even to mix into cream cheese for a zesty dip. Perfect for Air Fryer Kale Chips to dip into!
What’s In Thousand Island Dressing?
The best Thousand Island Dressing is sweet, savory, and just a little tangy. All the flavors are different, but they blend together perfectly.
CREAMY: Mayonnaise and sour cream are the base for this dressing, but heavy whipping cream can be substituted for the mayonnaise and Greek yogurt can be substituted for the sour cream. Always use full-fat ingredients, which are not only totally low carb, but enhance the flavors of any dish.
ACID: All great dressings will have an acidic component to balance the richness of the creamy ingredients. White vinegar and dill pickles give the perfect tartness, but balsamic, or apple cider vinegar will work, too. ANY pickled product like pre-made pickle relish, or even chopped marinated tomatoes, or a jar of olive tapenade gives the right amount of tartness to this dressing. Get creative!
How Do You Make Thousand Island Dressing?
This is the best part of this recipe! Simply whisk all of the ingredients in one bowl, chill, and use! Drizzle lightly over a salad and toss.
Dressing Tips & Tricks!
Prepare dressing in advance so the ingredients have time to blend in the refrigerator. Once dill pickles are shredded, press them between sheets of paper towel to absorb additional moisture so the dressing isn’t watered down. The dressing will stay fresh in an air-tight cruet or container up to 10 days once it’s made.
Other Easy Dips And Dressings To Try!
- Easy Caesar Salad Dressing – zesty and delicious!
- Dill Veggie Dip (Keto/Low Carb) – family favorite.
- Low Carb Ranch Dressing & Dip – a must have recipe!
- Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip – best hot dip.
Keto Thousand Island Dressing
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons sugar free ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 ½ teaspoon swerve sweetener
- 2 Tablespoons shredded dill pickle
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 10 days.