Low Carb Egg Roll In A Bowl delivers all the delicious taste of egg rolls, but without all the grease!
Made with either ground chicken or pork and fresh veggies, this easy low carb recipe pulls together all the umami and spice flavors of Asia that we love, including ginger, soy and sriracha sauces.
© Easy Low Carb.com
Low Carb Egg Roll In A Bowl
PIN IT to your DINNER Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
This deconstructed version of the Chinese menu staple has all the flavor and texture of an egg roll, but without the calories or messy cleanup!
What Is Egg Roll In A Bowl?
Forget the oily mess of deep frying or struggling with egg roll wrappers. Low carb egg roll in a bowl uses neither! Instead, it involves cooking everything that would normally go inside an egg roll in a skillet or wok. Pile it into a salad bowl and serve. Keto dieters love it!
The key ingredients you will need to make this Egg Roll Bowl are:
- Meat: Ground chicken or pork
- Veggies: Broccoli slaw and diced onion
- Aromatics: ginger and garlic
- Sauce: Soy and Sriracha sauces
- Garnish: Sesame seeds and green onion
How To Make It
Low Carb Egg Roll In A Bowl is a quick and easy one-pot meal. Follow these 3 simple steps and you’ll have dinner on the table in no time.
- Brown the ground pork or chicken with garlic, onion, and ginger (see recipe below).
- Stir in broccoli slaw and add the remaining ingredients.
- Place in a serving bowl and sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onion.
For pure convenience, you can’t beat store bought broccoli slaw, but you can make your own easily as well!
How To Make Broccoli Slaw
For best results when making broccoli slaw, remove the tough peel that is near the cut end of the stalk and use only the tender interior.
- Cut the broccoli crown from the stalk and trim the end.
- Using a paring knife, carefully cut away the toughest peel, starting from the bottom and working toward the crown. The peel nearest the crown end can remain.
Grate, chop or julienne for use in a stir-fry, slaw or this low carb egg roll in a bowl recipe.
Get creative and make your own unique deconstructed egg roll bowl!
- Try sliced shiitake mushrooms, bean sprouts, shredded bok choy, broccoli florets or julienned carrots.
- You could use a mild type of fish or imitation crab sticks in place of the ground meat.
- Other optional add-ins include peanuts, cubed tofu, water chestnuts or bamboo sprouts.
What To Serve With It
Serve this delightful Asian stir fry with plain cauliflower fried rice or cauliflower chicken fried rice, glass noodles or ramen. Punch it up by sprinkling with chopped peanuts or fried noodles to give it a little texture and crunch.
More Delicious Low Carb Ideas!
- Low Carb Pork and Cabbage Skillet – so easy
- Fried Cabbage with Bacon – love bacon!
- Low Carb Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce – a twist on a classic!
- Bacon Wrapped Cabbage – so easy
- Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry – an Asian inspired meal.
Low Carb Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 1 lb ground pork or chicken
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger
- ½ onion diced
- 10 oz broccoli slaw
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1 green onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds toasted
- Brown ground meat, garlic, ginger and onion until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
- Stir in broccoli slaw and cook 5 minutes.
- Whisk soy sauce, sriracha, pepper and sesame oil until smooth. Add to broccoli and cook an additional 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Top with green onion and sesame seeds.