This recipe for baked Spaghetti Squash Casserole takes the carbs out of the traditional pasta dish and loads it with tons of flavor.
Tender chicken meatballs are nestled in spaghetti squash, topped with a zesty sauce and lots and lots of cheese! Serve with a crispy side salad!
Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your DINNER Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
A Fave Low Carb Casserole
Low carb has never tasted so good! This easy recipe can be prepared with meatballs or even just browned ground beef or chicken with onions, either way, it’s so delicious!
- Full of flavor and easy to make
- The whole family loves this casserole
- Freezes and reheats well
- Add any veggies you’d like
How to Bake Spaghetti Squash
- Cut squash in half vertically, scoop out seeds.
- Brush with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake with cut sides down for about 50 or 60 minutes.
No time to make meatballs? Use ready-made sausage, beef, or turkey meatballs or simply brown the meat in a pan while the squash cooks.
How to Make Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- Cook Squash: Bake or microwave the squash per the recipe below until tender. Scrape into strands and place them in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Cook Meatballs: Or use precooked meatballs! Place on the spaghetti squash.
- Top with Sauce and Bake: Combine the pasta sauce and tomatoes. Spread over the meatballs and of course, add a generous dose of cheese!
- Broil the baked casserole for about 3 minutes to brown the cheese.
- Sprinkle the top with bacon bits for extra flavor!
- Pre-made alfredo sauce can be used in place of tomato-based pasta sauce in a pinch!
Other Low Carb Recipes To Try!
- Low Carb Hamburger Soup – hearty and delicious.
- Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Caps – dinner in 45 min!
- Portobello Mushroom Pizza Recipe – a twist on pizza.
- Low Carb Chicken Tenders – extra easy!
- Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps– perfect dinner or appetizer.
Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- 1 large spaghetti squash about 4 lbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups low carb pasta sauce
- 14 oz canned diced tomatoes drained
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 lb ground chicken or turkey
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Brush the cut side with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place cut side down in a small dish and bake 50-60 minutes or until tender when poked with a fork.
- Combine all meatball ingredients, roll into 24 small meatballs and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Add meatballs to the oven along with the squash and bake 18-20 minutes or until cooked through and meatballs reach 165°F.
- Once squash is tender, scrape the flesh of the squash with a fork to make strands. Toss with butter, season with salt and pepper, then place in the bottom of a baking dish.
- Combine pasta sauce and diced tomatoes. Spoon over meatballs.
- Top with cheeses and bake 25 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.
- Garnish with parsley if desired and serve.